Monday, December 19, 2011

A Finish

The fabric for this runner was chosen by my mom when our family was in Minnesota last spring. We had looked several times for red and black fabrics to make a runner for her good friend. So when we saw some we really liked, we grabbed it!
The pattern is Hollywood Boulevard by Atkinson's Designs. (For the record, I've made several patterns by Atkinson's, and they've always gone together great!)
I gave mom her choice of quilting designs, and she suggested a swirly meander. Ok, that's great but. I'd only done that once before. Even so, I think it turned out pretty good.
Table runners are a fun finish, and this one was no exception. Yay.

9 comments:

  1. Looks great, Debbie! That is a fun pattern and I think your quilting looks wonderful! I really need to try that design sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful! And I agree, smaller projects like these are so much fun to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table runner!
    Hope your mom loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty pattern! It will be well received, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautiful and the quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finish Debbie! I'm sure your mom's friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete