Monday, March 31, 2014

2014 Finish-A-Long: Q1 Finishes

Writing FAL Finish posts are some of my favorites - at least when I have as successful a quarter as this one has been. When I wrote my list in January, these first two projects had deadlines pending, but thankfully everything got done right on time. Click the name of each quilt name if you missed the original post.

The wonky cross is one of my favorite patterns and pretty much the simplest improv I know.
My favorite bits of Sunshiney Day are that crazy-pieced cross, and the matchstick quilting running through its arms.


The end was clearly in sight for my City Sampler quilt, and admittedly, it was bittersweet knowing I was this close.
But with the added bonus of being selected a winner by Tula herselfUnlocked, was one of my proudest finishes in some time.

The Riley Blake Challenge project started with just an inkling of an idea.
It was fun using the Mango block in a new way to create Riley Blake Meets Mango.

After making 2 Patchwork Table Runners as Christmas gifts, I had plans on making one for myself.
On Blitzen is now safely packed away and will be a welcome sight this next Christmas.

And lastly, I had big plans to empty my scrap basket by making Economy blocks.
Instead, I was inspired one Friday night to make just a few more blocks and make a mini quilt for a guild swap. Thus Economizing was born - one of those easy, satisfying, spur-of-the-moment finishes.
So that's my report for this quarter. Let's see if I can be as successful in quarter 2!

14 comments:

  1. You always amaze me at how much you manage to achieve, Debbie! Each and every one of these is an achievement! I think your City Sampler will always be one of my favourite quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Your city sampler is incredible work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome - love the wonky cross colours - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one amazingly creative and productive chick. :) You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!!! Love all the quilts you finished Debbie. This was definitely a great quarter for you. How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a successful first quarter!!! Looking forward to the second quarter list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful finishes! Good luck in quarter two. Perhaps I'll compile a list this time....

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so fun to catch up on what you've been sewing, Debbie. It's all amazing, but Unlocked still takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did so well this quarter. I love all these quilts, each one is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Suz, you are amazing! They all look so great, too. I am not even going to write a FAL post because I finished nada!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Sunshiny Day quilt! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on a great quarter of nicely finished projects

    ReplyDelete