Sunday, February 1, 2015

Fresh Sewing Day

January felt slow-motion at the beginning. After a hectic holiday season and busy family times as the year got going, it took me a while to get moving. My first finish, though, was just a treat. Having bee blocks gave me a head-start of sorts, which was helpful. I proceeded to learn  just how versatile half-rectangle triangle blocks can be, and came up with Ziggity-Zag, a quilt that really pleased me.
Next was Oh, Baby!, a sweet little Clustered Star quilt . . .
And the last major project was also from bee blocks, so a snap to piece and finish - a quilt I named Junctions, a nod to its Intersection blocks.
Per usual, there were some bee blocks and other littles, my absolute favorite being that patchwork sketchbook cover. I think working on that spurred me on for the rest of the month.
So now February is upon us and it's going to be a busy one with QuiltCon and all. I can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. Don't know which quilt I like best! They are all gorgeous! Also love the sketch book cover. You did a lot of work in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome finishes for you! I didn't have a single quilt finish in January! Lots of littles.... February isn't looking much more promising on that front

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great January for you. Those half rectangles are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a beautiful month! It's nice to see it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful projects! Another very good month! I've started to think about what I need to do to prepare for QuiltCon. I think it is time to start actually DOING something about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely month, even with the rebelliously furry quilt! BTW, when Trudi taught us FMQ at FQR, she said you could tell if there was a right or wrong side by stabbing a pin through the batting, if one side has more resistance, that side should be facing the back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Ziggity-Zag quilt. Very cool new design.

    ReplyDelete