Sunday, January 3, 2016

Romper

There hasn't been much kid clothes sewing around here in a very long time. Except for the occasional really special occasion sewing, it's not where I'm so inclined. But 'yes' was my response when my goddaughter asked me weeks ago if I'd make an outfit for her little guy's baptism.

The fabric chosen was Dear Stella's sunburst stripe in dove and the pattern, blank slate pattern's raleigh romper. It went together pretty smoothly, though I did have to hunt down my machine's user guide to remind myself how to make button holes and sew on buttons. It was also the first time I used snap tape, which was definitely easier and quicker than sewing them on individually.


The custom design on the front was made to look similar to a purchased romper my goddaughter had seen but wasn't available in baby's size. Thankfully, my basic sewing experience made that go together neatly as well.

So yeah, I stressed out a bit over this considering the holiday timing, the tiny size, and the special nature of the occasion, and obviously I shouldn't have depended on my phone's camera, but otherwise I was pleased with the result, and boy did sweet William look precious in it this morning for his big day.

9 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little romper. I bet it is adorable on

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling! Things always seem to be extra cute when made tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely, and so nice that you could make it for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know she was thrilled and he looked super cute in the romper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute romper! I'm sure your goddaughter was thrilled and the baby rocked the outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will be a treasure for years to come. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really sweet gift you made. Favour time: can you measure the width of the stripes on that fabric for me please? I am trying to match some fabric I found at an estate sale which if I recall correctly is <1/8". I would really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete