Monday, July 18, 2016

Slab Six :: Pineapples

To say I look forward to each month's block assignment for our #seaSLABbom project is to put it mildly. But I really, really do. Whether it's the fabrics, which are so not me, or the diving into another improv method, many of which have been unfamiliar to me, whatever. The fact is, I can barely wait.



This month is improv pineapples, and Matt/odditease referred us to Jacquie Gering's tutorial, which included the half log cabin variation, shown in the right half of my slab above, as well as the full block, on the left.

So now we're six slabs into the BOM, and I'm sitting here wondering what's next!

10 comments:

  1. I adore this and love watching the process. I would love to know who or how the BOM is coming from? I come from a traditional quilting background but I love Improv and have been trying to implement it in our modern quilt guild. But i tend to slip back into more modern traditional quilts. I love how you all are forging into new areas and improving old blocks to make this wonderful piece. I would like to ask permission to maybe try something like these steps with my guild. S fun and I can't wait to see what is next either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris, you are definitely welcome to follow along with our 2016 BOM, all of the posts for it can be found on the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild blog (https://seattlemodernquiltguild.com/). We would love to see what you make using the prompts :)

      Delete
  2. these are so great! I need to do a blog post on our guild's BOM.... I enjoy watching yours come together

    ReplyDelete
  3. The exploration that you are finding in this is really fun to watch. I would have no idea that the colors don't speak to you, but maybe the fact that they don't free you up to explore that much more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All of your slabs look fantastic together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking absolutely amazing! It looks like you're having so much fun too - you're making me want to try some of that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm enjoying this too! The best part is seeing all the slabs together each month. And I do love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I've ever seen improv pineapples before -- love this, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking great, but I think it's the busiest quilt ever! :) Not a bad thing, just very different than what I'm used too! Got to get back on this one too! Love the pineapples!

    ReplyDelete