Friday, March 9, 2018

Repeat

I'd done it once (twice even!) and there's a decent chance I'll do it again. But this week I gifted the third pillow I've made using the Christmas Snowflake block by Rachel/Wooden Spoon. As far as I'm concerned, an eight-pointed star is good any time of the year, and it was definitely fun to rummage through scraps again to create this latest version.


I made a near-duplicate of a previous one, simply because my friend said she liked it so much. Just like before, I quilted a wavy stitch down each row using Aurifil #2021 (Natural White), did a flap-closure for the back, and stuffed it with a poofy 20" pillow form. Fun stuff!

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!

8 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong creating something similar to what has been known to be liked and appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely 'poofy' pillow. You're right that eight pointed star is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to make a couple of pillows. One is for my 10 mo old grandson's wagon so he can ride in style, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful :-) ... and stars are out every night, so of course it's a all year's theme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stars don't have a season...IMO! What a fun scrappy project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well worth the repeat!! The little touches of aqua captured me heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greta looking pillow, I love the scrappy fabrics in it!

    ReplyDelete